Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's Here!

Well this is a little late (hard to believe isn't it?!) but the new catalogue is out...and I LOVE it!  This is a card I made using the Hostess Level 1 set, Because I Care.  As soon as I saw it in the book I wanted it, and normally I'm not a huge fan of the level 1 sets!  But this one I love and am looking forward to making many cards with.  The greeting is from the stamp set Heard from the Heart.  Colours are: the new Early Espresso (LOVE - thought it was too similar to Chocolate Chip at first - but it's not!) Regal Rose, Old Olive and Rose Red.  Papers are Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, and Early Espresso.  I first stamped the flower with Early Espresso.  Then I used my Stampin'Write Regal Rose marker to colour in the flower.  I used my blender pen to colour in the leaves as it gives it a softer touch and looks a little more real.  I edged the Very Vanilla with Early Espresso as well, and mounted it on Early Espresso cardstock.  The greeting is done with Early Espresso and Rose Red markers.  Edges of the card are also distressed with Early Espresso.  I used the Big Shot and the Elegant Bouquet Impressions folder and then sanded the flowers to make them stand out a little more.  I also distressed the edges of the Regal Rose cardstock with Early Espresso (what can I say, I got a little crazy!)  To finish off, you can just see a little of the inside of the card, I stamped another flower with Early Espresso to dress up the inside.  If you would like to earn this stamp for free, e-mail me at stampaholicsteph@gmail.com to find out how!
Stay cool and thanks for stopping by!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment