Monday, August 22, 2011

Dog Days

Happy Monday everyone!  Days just don't get much better than today...finally get to open my new windows (thank you Jay from DeRydt Homes), have been outside to enjoy some beautiful sunshine, completed the cards for my upcoming Nature Walk class, and got to make 2 of these cute dog cards to boot!  I wanted to make our trainer Cathie a thank you card for taking care of Cooper while we were in Timmins.  I was a little hesitant to leave the little guy as he was just settling in from being taken from his mom...however, he had great care, alot of training, and I'm pretty sure he remembered 'home' when we got back.  So many thanks to Cathie for taking such good care of the little guy!  This card is inspired by Jackie Topa.  I am really trying to keep from blog hopping so that I can spend more time creating, but needed a little help making this punch card.  Her idea was just what I needed so I decided to just add a little more to the dog house and voila!  On Jackie's card she used the 'word window' punch for the ears, I don't have this one (can you believe it?) so I used the 5 petal flower and just trimmed off a petal, and folded it.  Punches used are: 1 1/4 for the head, large wide oval for the body, nose, and tail, small oval for the back legs, and front paws.  The house is regular card with the top edges trimmed, and also stamped with the woodgrain background stamp.  Name on the house and bone is the Modern Label punch.  Hope you can get out to enjoy some of this perfect weather!  Thanks for stopping by today :)  Steph

1 comment: